I have been working in the landscape industry since 1989, constructing high-end projects throughout England, predominantly in the North of England. I am a member of The Association of Professional Landscapers, The Chartered Institute of Horticulture, The Professional Garden Consultant’s Association and The Horticultural Trades Association.
My career includes almost 30 Royal Horticulture Society (RHS) awards for Show Garden construction at various RHS Shows, including seven Gold medals, and other RHS Awards including seven times Best in Show, three times People’s Award, Best Construction Award and RHS Best Trade Stand at the Chelsea Flower Show.
My main field is Garden & Landscaping construction. Over the many years I've been in the industry I've built up a team of experts I can consult also such as turf culture and soil specialists that may be brought on board to give their own opinions or produce reports.
I am a retained consultant to The Landscape Academy. I have also been product advisor and consultant to Aggregate Industries/Bradstone and other smaller suppliers acting as Product Adviser and offering technical support.
My work includes mentoring and training of landscapers in the UK, and offering technical advice in a professional capacity to a number of hard landscaping companies and organisations.
I carry out various types of dispute issue reports, including arbitration and mediation, mainly in the private/domestic sectors
• My main field is garden & landscaping construction. Over the many years I've been in the industry I've built up a team of experts I can consult also such as turf culture and soil specialists that may be brought on board to give their own opinions or produce reports.
• I am 100% independent and unbiased in each and every case.
• I can provide you with Civil Procedure Rules Part 35 Reports, Pre Action Reports or Statement Of Opinion reports for domestic or commercial projects.
• I'm able to carry out Distance Reports should this be agreed by court. This will in turn keep travel expenses to a minimum.
• Arbitration plays a key role in many cases and this is where if caught in the early stages I can help mediate and get the project back on track with minimum disruption and cost.
My fees are £550 per day and £350 for a half day plus travel expenses payable prior to my arrival to site. Once payment is confirmed a date may then be agreed for the inspection/report. Please note there is NO charge for initial consultation.
Joint Commissions are accepted between client and contractor (50/50 cost share) which in turn may reduce costs.
Please note that all Expert Witness related commissions are carried out under G K Wilson Garden & Landscape Consultancy Ltd