I have been working in the landscape industry since 1989, constructing high-end landscape projects throughout England, predominantly in the North of England. I am a member of British Association of Landscaping Industries, The Chartered Institute of Horticulture and The Professional Garden Consultant’s Association.
My career includes thirty Royal Horticulture Society (RHS) awards for Show Garden construction at various RHS Shows, including seven Gold medals, and other RHS Awards including eight times Best in Show, three times People’s Award, Best Construction Award and RHS Best Trade Stand at the Chelsea Flower Show.
I am also a consultant to Aggregate Industries/Bradstone, Brett Landscapes, Instamac and other smaller suppliers acting as Product Adviser and offering technical support. I am Instamac’s 'live expert' on their online live webinars.
I was former 'head trainer' on hard landscaping at the London College of Garden Design and taught landscaping at The Landscape Academy. My work also includes mentoring and training landscapers throughout the UK.
I am a regular columnist for Pro Landscaper magazine and Dream Garden magazine, specialising in hard landscaping construction matters. I am a regular contributor to The Landscape Library Training Resource as Specialist in Hard Landscaping Projects.
I'm an industry awards judge for British Association Landscape Industries (BALI), ProLandscaper and Brett Landscapes.
I am a fully qualified and International Mediation Institution accredited mediator, and a member of the Professional Garden Consultant’s Association Specialist Group of Expert Witnesses. I carry out various types of dispute issue reports, including arbitration and mediation, mainly in the private/domestic sector.
I am a former 'head trainer' at The Landscape Academy. I have also been product advisor and consultant to Aggregate Industries/Bradstone and other smaller suppliers acting as Product Adviser and offering technical support.
My work includes mentoring and training of landscapers in the UK, and offering technical advice in a professional capacity to a number of hard landscaping companies and organisations.
I carry out various types of dispute issue reports, including arbitration and mediation, mainly in the private/domestic sectors
• My main field is garden & landscaping construction. Over the many years I've been in the industry I've built up a team of experts I can consult also such as turf culture and soil specialists that may be brought on board to give their own opinions or produce reports.
• I am 100% independent and unbiased in each and every case.
• I can provide you with Civil Procedure Rules Part 35 Reports, Pre Action Reports or Statement Of Opinion reports for domestic or commercial projects.
• I'm able to carry out Distance Reports should this be agreed by court. This will in turn keep travel expenses to a minimum.
• Arbitration plays a key role in many cases and this is where if caught in the early stages I can help mediate and get the project back on track with minimum disruption and cost.
My fees are £700 per day and £400 for a half day plus travel expenses payable prior to my arrival to site. There is also a 'reading time' charge of £140 per hour. Once payment is confirmed a date may then be agreed for the inspection/report. Please note there is NO charge for initial consultation.
Joint Commissions are accepted between client and contractor (50/50 cost share) which in turn may reduce costs.
Please note that all Expert Witness related commissions are carried out under G K Wilson Garden & Landscape Consultancy Ltd